Hiding a smile due to embarrassment or bad teeth should not be something you have to worry about. A good smile means a lot to people, thankfully there are many brilliant ways to get that smile that you want. One of them being Invisalign.
Traditionally, dentists recommended braces, which consist of plastic or metal wires that worked by slowly moving our teeth in the recommended direction till we achieve that perfect smile. Good when you are a child, ok as a teenager and not that popular as an adult, new approaches had to be considered, so along came Invisalign. There are several reasons Invisalign is recommended over traditional braces and these include:
- Aesthetics: This is one of the main reasons why people prefer Invisalign over braces. Bullying or childishness cannot be completely stopped, and unfortunately, braces have sometimes been a target. However, this is not the case with Invisalign as it is entirely invisible, which is an added advantage over regular braces. You get invisible treatment, and people will not realize you have them on. Overall, with Invisalign, you get to blend in naturally. For those with appearance issues, Invisalign is a safe bet.
- Sporting Activities: We have all heard of that one person who got injured in a sports activity while wearing braces. Braces can cause gum damage and for the period they are being worn, it is extremely hard to avoid. For those with a passion for sports, it may be difficult to give up playing solely to wear braces. Invisalign offers an easy solution to such problems. They are relatively easy to remove and can be taken out when playing sports to avoid injury or damage to your teeth and Invisalign guard.
- You can eat whatever you like: One of the main issues people have with braces is the limit to the food they can eat. Hard or sticky food can break braces and is difficult to clean. Other foods can be lodged in braces which is a little embarrassing if it goes unnoticed and many orthodontists will be unhappy having to continually fix your braces.
- Invisalign treatments eliminate such problems. With these products, you can eat whatever you want because they are easy to remove. But always remember to put the Invisalign guard back in, a common mistake by many wearers.
- More comfortable: People suffer from pain when bracelets rub against the inside of the gums or tear away parts of the mouth. While there are effective treatments for such complications, such as dental wax, why not eliminate the entire feeling? This is what Invisalign does. It offers comfortability while aligning your teeth. You might even forget you had them installed! But of course, we must remind you that discomfort will occur when changing the size and fit of your guards.
- Improved Oral Hygiene: In addition to being more comfortable, Invisalign plays a fundamental role in boosting your oral hygiene. With braces, you can get food stuck in your teeth, which is difficult to remove. You may develop cavities or other issues by the time your braces are removed. Why not avoid all these problems? With Invisalign, you can clean and treat your teeth the same as before.