Starting Invisalign Treatment
When you are getting Invisalign treatment to improve your teeth, we view it as an investment in a new smile and better oral health. It takes time and care to get the best results possible. We have helped so many people transform their teeth, with great results for so many. If you are still thinking about orthodontic treatment, choosing a clear aligner should be one of the main options you consider. In this short article, we look at some tips to help you get the most out of your Invisalign treatment.
Overall, it is really important to stay on top of your oral hygiene while you’re going through your Invisalign treatment. Not only should you keep your teeth really clean but make sure you also carefully clean out the aligners as well. Remember to stay in touch throughout the process, so the team can help guide you through the transforming experience.
Here are 5 quick tips for Invisalign patients to help them get the most out of their treatment.
- You should wear your Invisalign aligners as much as possible, only removing them to eat, drink anything but water and brush your teeth. The more frequently you wear your aligners, the quicker the progress will be and a shorter treatment time. One of the best ways to complete your treatment faster is to wear them for 22 hours a day at a minimum. Being able to remove them while eating or for brushing your teeth is a great advantage over traditional braces.
- The best way to clean your aligners is by brushing them in cold water every week. You can also use retainer cleaning tablets. It’s important that you brush your teeth right after each meal before re-inserting your aligners to maintain their shape and fit. This is good for overall oral hygiene, but helps ensure that the retainers are clear and remain nearly invisible. Carrying a travel toothbrush is a great way to ensure that you have access to clean your teeth on the go.
- Please save all of your old aligners and don’t throw them away in the event that you have to step back in treatment or you lose them. This is unusual for many people, but for people who don’t keep to plan, it is good practice. New retainers are regularly sent to you along the transformation plan.
- Carry your retainer travel case with you at all times and remove the aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth etc. If you put them in a tissue, they may accidentally get thrown away or crushed. Keeping a case in your bag ensures that aligners are in good shape and hygienic enough to be put back in your mouth.
- When putting aligners in your mouth, don’t bite them. Instead, try pressing them into place. Keep in mind that our bite muscles are very strong and could damage the aligner. You will gradually get the hang of this and it will become natural. The retainers are high-quality and shouldn’t break, but best practice is to firmly push them into place.
Who Is Suitable For Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign is a great option for anyone who would like to change their smile but dislikes the idea of having braces.
Invisalign is an option for almost all patients considering orthodontic treatment, including teenagers and adults. Millions of people have benefitted from Invisalign treatment ranging from mild to more complex changes.
Our Laois clinic is perfect for anyone in the surrounding area to carry out treatment.
Benefits Of Invisalign
Invisalign clear aligners are removable so the impact of Invisalign aligners on lifestyle is minimal.
Invisalign patients can maintain excellent oral hygiene throughout treatment and can enjoy an unrestricted diet
Invisalign aligners are almost invisible and fit snugly over the teeth. People are more likely to notice your changing smile than the aligners themselves
If you’re interested in learning more about Invisalign treatment and how it could significantly impact your own smile personally, then please don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation today.
At Orthodental, we craft smiles you can be proud to show off.
Book your FREE CONSULTATION today.